Lucid Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a company based in Merthyr who are seeking a Fabrication Engineer.
Roles and responsibilities
- To maintain Health & Safety rules and regulations
- To identify potential hazards/risks to the Health & Safety Manager/responsible person upon discovery
- To ensure all requested repairs & improvement projects are completed and reported back to your assigned supervisory engineer.
- To assist the Engineering department in achieving its budget targets through the efficient use of materials and replacement parts
- To follow the correct accounting/authorisation process when ordering replacement parts
- Maintain and improve standards of hygiene and housekeeping in all areas of the factory including the Engineering Fabrication workshop & associated workshops / areas
- Ensure all Hot Work Permits and Risk assessments are in place and closed off after work has been completed
- Ensure steel stores / consumables are kept stocked and replenished as required
- Welding TIG, ARC, MIG
- Cutting & Grinding
- Metal Forming / Bending
- Drilling and Tapping
- Measurements / Maths Accuracy / Trigonometry
- Fabrication ideas and development / solutions
- Construct fabrication Drawings
Lucid Recruitment specialise in the following engineering jobs in Cardiff, Newport and surrounding areas. Civil Engineer, CNC, Grinder, Setter, Programmer, Design, Electrical Engineer, Engineering Manager, IT Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Project Manager, Quality Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Technician, Workshop, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Health & Safety, Transport & Logistics and many more jobs available.