Lucid Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a company based in Merthyr who are seeking a New Product Development Technician (NPD Process Technician).
- Experience of managing projects
- Experience of dealing with major UK Food Retailers
- Experience in time management and the ability to work under pressure
- Experience in using Microsoft Office.
ADDED VALUE KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Be able to build good working relationships with customers
- Improving NPD systems and ways of working
- Delivering accurate sample costings with focus on yields, packaging and labour.
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Working within the factory to develop products required by customers
- Liaising between customers and NPD/Technical teams
- Working closely with other key departments/support functions (e.g. Procurement, Technical, Finance) to ensure the success of new products
- Co-ordination of the pre-production and first production of new products
- Co-ordinating NPD tasks required through RACI and ensuring that all tasks are completed before the launch date.
- Supporting continuous improvement projects with Tier 1 suppliers.
Note: as with all positions, due to the nature of the business, key responsibilities will evolve and change overtime.
- Degree qualified in Food Science or a similar subject
- A creative edge with a passion to develop new products and ideas
- An understanding of flavours and the ability to be creative in the kitchen
- Relevant knowledge of food legislation
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Good presentation skills
- Hold a valid UK driving license
Lucid Recruitment specialise in the following engineering jobs in Cardiff, Newport and surrounding areas. Civil Engineer, CNC, Grinder, Setter, Programmer, Design, Electrical Engineer, Engineering Manager, IT Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Project Manager, Quality Manager, Quantity Surveyor, Technician, Workshop, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Health & Safety, Transport & Logistics and many more jobs available.