Lucid Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of a company based in Caerphilly who is seeking a Technical Support Engineer.
The ideal candidate will be a positive, outgoing and proactive customer focused individual with a proven background in ventilation, electrical / mechanical applications or controls. They will need to be an effective communicator with good interpersonal skills and take personal responsibility for problem solving and delivering excellent customer service. Candidates will need to be commercially aware and can prioritise and manage their workload. The post holder will need to be flexible to fit in around the operational needs of the business when visiting sites and overnight stays will from part of the role. A full current driving licence is essential.
- Conduct site visits across the UK on Customer premises or project sites with the ability to replace electrical and mechanical components
- Provide office based technical support to customers, service engineers and colleagues
- Inspect and test products, as well as disgnose and program systems
- Provide customer demonstrations
- Attendance of site meetings at customer and construction sites where necessary
- Knowledge of commercial / industrial ventilation systems and knowledge of electrical, mechanical and controls systems.
- Basic knowledge if refrigeration systems
- Diagnostic and problem solving experience in a technical environment
- Ability to deal with customers tactfully and technically over the telephone
- Electrically qualified to 18th Edition level, with controls and motor experience
- Site safety aware and CSCS card holder
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent relationship building skills and communicatioons skills to all levels
- Self motivated and excellent team player
- Ability to complete task specific RAMS
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,000.00 to £32,000.00 /year